The Gamedev Tools I used
I just saw itch.io has a devlog feature now, so I thought I'd post my post with the tools I used to make this game on here too!
All of them are FREE to use.
I hope you find this helpful :)
GIMP for Graphics
- Photoshop Sketching brushes by Wootha (used with "Pen Generic" brush dynamic)
- Iwarp plugin (comes with GIMP) for quick animations
- Script to export layers as spritesheet
Stencyl for Code/Scripting
- download free at Stencyl.com & export for free to Flash/HTML5, pay 100$/year if you want to publish to Desktop
- easy to use, but not very performant for bigger scenes
- cross-platform editor (used it under Linux Mint)
- Sony Alpha 58 (~400€) with 18-55mm kit lens to take background photo
- Musician used older keyboard for music, we recorded it live with a cheap sound recorder & RODE mic
- Audacity to cut & level sounds (free), Sound Converter (Linux only) to quickly convert to needed format for Stencyl
- tomato.es for timetracking/taking regular breaks
- Chronolapse to record timelapse, FFMPEG to convert to video and combine with music
I hope this was useful!
(and leave me a comment please :))
Get Our little island
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.